The 24th annual Bake-Off will be Sunday, March 4, 2018. The prizes will again be Liberty bottles. The 2018 theme is Back Row Double Feature: The Bake-Off Goes to the Movies.
Immediately following worship on Sunday, March 4, everyone is invited to a simple lunch of soup and sandwiches in the Fellowship Hall. Afterwards, we’ll sample all the bake-off entries. All are welcome!
Rules for entry:
- Anyone 5 years old or older can enter (non-members are welcome).
- The entries should be ready for judging by 11:30 am on Sun. March 4.
- All entries should be a dessert of some variety.
- You may use a boxed cake mix, but don’t cheat. (Cheating would be buying an already-made cake.)
- Each entry costs $5 to pay for the snappy awards.
- As always, three impartial judges will judge all desserts. Bribes are accepted & appreciated.
As always, three impartial judges will judge all desserts. Bribes are appreciated.
- Don’t let the kids see this one
- Delicious but I’m only eating one
- Most Crunchy
- Vegan California
- Like Grandma used to make
- Expanding the definition of edible
- Coolest use of candy
- Most colorful
- Most lemony
- Most calories in one bite
- Clearly just thrown together this morning before church
- Half Baked
- So good it will make you hit your Mama
- Bought at the store
- Best use of marshmallow
- Possibly not legal
- Empty the Liquor cabinet
- Fresh & Minty
- Engineering Marvel (Best presentation)
- Not so pretty but delicious
- Most exotic ingredients.
- Discomfort by chocolate
- Totally Nuts
- Peanut Butter Lover
- Most fruits on one plate
- Team Spirit (Best team cake)
- Served in Vallhalla’s Buffet
- Choking Hazard
- Most Historical
- Most Musical
- Most Mythological
- Judges’ Award
- Best of Show