Give the gift of life at our Red Cross Blood Drive at College Park on June 30, 2017 from 2-6:30 PM. A sign up sheet will be posted about 5 weeks before. It only takes about an hour. It’s open to all in our community. Volunteers will be needed for registration and handing out snacks.
See Keith Burkhead or Kate Jones for questions. Keith says: “I give blood because it is an easy way to give back to the community. And here’s something else to consider, blood, like breathe, is required to live. It is profound in the obviousness of it; having access to blood can make the difference between life and death. Please consider making the gift of life possible for someone in need.”
Every two seconds someone in America gets a blood transfusion. Five million patients will need blood this year. Summer can be a difficult collection time for blood donations because of busy schedules, traveling, time spent on vacations, and students being out of school. So blood-product donors are especially needed during this time.
Benefits of Donating
- It feels great to donate!
- You get free juice and delicious cookies.
- It’s something you can spare – most people have blood to spare… yet, there is still not enough to go around.
- You will help ensure blood is on the shelf when needed – most people don’t think they’ll ever need blood, but many do.
- You will be someone’s hero – in fact, you could help save more than one life with just one donation.
Blood and Platelet Donors Must
- Be in good general health and feeling well
- Be at least 17-years-old
- Weigh at least 110 lbs.
- Have a light meal and plenty to drink.
- Wear Something Comfortable with sleeves that can easily be rolled up above the elbow.
- Bring your donor card, driver’s license or two other forms of identification.
- Bring the names of medications you are taking.