Calling all chefs! Bring your best pot of chili to the annual CP Chili Cook Off on Wednesday, Nov. 14th in the fellowship hall.
Chili Cook-Off Rules
- Chili cannot be defined. Whatever you call chili, we’ll call chili. Chili may or may not contain meat and/or beans. Chili may be red, white or any other color.
- Chili needs to be ready to serve at 5:15 pm, but entries will be accepted until 6 pm. Bring chili ready to eat. It may be reheated, but not cooked in the church kitchen.
- Anyone may enter – men, women, children, visitors, guests, space aliens, etc.
- Prepare enough chili to share-at least 2 quarts, a gallon is preferred.
- Ingredients may include beans, rice, spaghetti, etc.
- No entry fee, but please sign up in advance. Sign up online, on the sheet outside the church office or call the office – 273-1779 to sign-up.
- You are encouraged to ridicule and harass other participants in an attempt to make them cry.
- Judging will begin at 6:15 pm.
- Chili served to the judges should be the same as that served to the rest of the Wednesday night crowd.
- Cornbread will be provided, but you may also bring your own.
- Keen medals will be awarded (sorry – no trophies).
- Best Chili Overall (1st, 2nd & 3rd place)
- Best Vegetarian Chili
- Hottest Chili
- Most Unusual Chili
- WHAT IS THAT? Ugliest Chili
- People’s Choice
Chili will be judged on flavor, aroma, spice, texture, color, consistency & aftertaste.